Want to know more about Airdrie?
The city of Airdrie is one of the fastest growing communities in Canada. Capitalizing on the growth of the Calgary region, Airdrie is focused on the expansion of commercial and industrial development. Currently, there are new commercial/industrial developments underway, providing excellent opportunities for new regional commercial, light industrial and mixed use projects adjacent to the Calgary-Edmonton Corridor (Queen Elizabeth II Highway -Provincial Highway #2). Airdrie also provides an excellent opportunity for small business development, with a population of over 43,000, an estimated primary trading area of 55,000 and access to over 1,000,000 population of Calgary, it is the perfect environment for storefront, home-based and manufacturing businesses.
Quick Facts about Airdrie
- Population: 43,155 (2011 Civic Census)
- Location: Calgary-Edmonton Corridor (Queen Elizabeth II Highway-Provincial Highway #2) 6 kilometers north of the city of Calgary and 32 kilometers north of Calgary’s downtown
- Lifestyle: Young, family oriented community with a focus on a high standard of living and building a sustainable city
- Local Economy: Local and regional retail, construction, manufacturing and professional services
- Easy access to local, regional, national and international markets (12 minutes north of the Calgary International Airport)
For more general information about the City of Airdrie click here.
For business and economic development information for the City of Airdrie, click here.